Lisa Angel started a business customising clothes and jewellery from her living room. For supplies, she scoured the charity shops. Eight years later, Lisa runs a £1 million turnover business with three retail units and thriving online sales.
About Anne FrancisAnne set up her first business in 1985. She currently runs Carnival Consulting specialising in socially motivated business support and a fitness company Nia Norfolk. She regularly contributes to local media, is ambassador for Norwich Lanes, a Princes Trust mentor and on the committee of FSB.
What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? The honest answer to this could be your first step towards reinventing yourself.
Could a three-day cleanse really make a lasting difference to energy levels, immune system and general health? Could a cleanse help to reignite creativity. Anne Francis takes the challenge.
A healthy body and a healthy mind go together. And there’s a link between your personal fitness and the health of your business. Is it time you started to change your habits and get in shape? The good news is that it doesn’t need to be difficult.
In this recession we need our wits about us. Mindfullness, or the ability to choose our response in any given situation, is the ultimate strength.
Starting a business in your 50s is a growing trend. Is it time for you to find the courage to put long-held dreams into action?
Rising to difficult challenges gets easier with practice. Here are our top tips for bouncing back.
Self-confidence is a vital ingredient for success. If you believe in your product and yourself, it will shine through to your clients and will help to make your business thrive. Here are our top ten self-confidence tips
Ever started with great intentions and then lost motivation? Staying on track can be a challenge, but there are some great techniques to help.
Top posts this week
- Starting a Business with No Money – Top 10 Tips
- Start-up Now: 7 Steps to Set-up a Business Today
- Grants for Women in Business: 10 Steps to Success
- Women in Business Finance Guide – Free eBook
- New Enterprise Allowance: Not Working for Women
- Building a Successful Online Home Business
- Rags to Riches: the UK’s Top Self-made Women Entrepreneurs
- The Wardrobe Angel:The best mistake I ever made
- ‘Support women to start businesses’ says Government’s Women’s Business Council
- Female Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Business Success