Alibaba are celebrating female entrepreneurs with some fantastic video case studies – and giving you the chance to win support.
Archive | VideosRSS feed for this section
Self-made female entrepreneurs are the fastest-growing group of millionaires in the UK. And just like pearls need grit to form, JK Rowling, Michelle Mone and Hilary Devey built success out of tough times.
At just 18, Katie Smith turned her cravings for Marmite and Monster Munch into a successful business. Follow her progress in this great series of video clips from Business in You.
Six women from one small town share their experience in 60 second videos. The passion is contagious!
This great new video animation [2:48] from the Kauffman Foundation shows how barriers to finance are holding back women’s businesses, and introduces financing strategies to kick-start growth.
Lauren Luke is a YouTube marketing phenomenon. Watch the video and read Lauren’s top tips to help you build a business with YouTube.
Geena Davis, actress and founder of the Institute on Gender in Media talks here prior to the Pre-G20 Women’s Enterprise conference.
A great overview of what can be done to advance female enterprise worldwide. Part of the Pre-G20 women’s enterprise conference in Paris.
Halla Tomasdottir managed to take her company Audur Capital through the eye of the financial storm in Iceland by applying 5 traditionally “feminine” values to financial services. At TEDWomen, she talks about these values and the importance of balance.
Still not sure exactly what social enterprise is? You’re not alone, surveys show most people think it’s something to do with socialising. And while that may be a nice outcome of doing business which does good, it’s definitely not the main objective! So what is social enterprise then? Watch this brilliant little video from The Social Enterprise Coalition to find out.
Top posts this week
- Starting a Business with No Money – Top 10 Tips
- Grants for Women in Business: 10 Steps to Success
- Start-up Now: 7 Steps to Set-up a Business Today
- Building a Successful Online Home Business
- The Wardrobe Angel:The best mistake I ever made
- Rags to Riches: the UK’s Top Self-made Women Entrepreneurs
- ‘Support women to start businesses’ says Government’s Women’s Business Council
- New Enterprise Allowance: Not Working for Women
- World Class Learning for Free Online
- Female Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Business Success