Getting your UK employment sponsorship license is not as easy as you might have thought. There are several steps that you need to take to ensure that you get through the process without any hitches. This article shares some of the most important requirements that you need to fulfill when applying for your UK employment sponsorship license.
What is a sponsorship license?
A sponsorship license for a UK employee is needed for every employer who wants to offer employment to an individual that is not registered in the UK. This means that you are supposed to get your own employment sponsorship license before you let your employees work in the UK.
What is the difference between a sponsorship license and a visa?
There is a difference between a sponsorship license and a work visa. With a visa, you get only one of them from one company per year. The company will decide whether to make it lifelong or temporary at the time of application. With a sponsorship license, however, you may get as many as three different ones each year from different companies for different purposes.
Applying for a license
The process of applying for a license differs from company to company. Some of them offer the service on their own websites while others will require that you contact them via phone. You can also go for the agency that specializes in helping businesses with sponsorship license applications.
You can apply for your UK employment sponsorship license by either calling the sponsor or filling out a form found on their official website.
Finding a sponsor
The process of finding a sponsor starts with looking for an agency or organization that can offer you their services. Your friends, colleagues, and family members are good sources of information especially when they have had personal experiences with the companies they recommend.
More and more people are trying to get their UK employment sponsorship visas and clearly, it is becoming more difficult. One of the ways to beat these odds is by applying for your UK employment sponsorship license first. The process may be complicated but the efforts involved will be worth the results.
Who Is Eligible For a Sponsorship License?
If you have been wondering why the government is getting so tough on the UK employment sponsorship license procedure, you might be interested to know that in some ways they are also trying to help. For one thing, some companies and agencies are known for taking advantage of immigrants and those who are out of work.
In order to avoid this kind of abuse, you need to find a company that will offer you both a sponsorship license and employment opportunity at a fair rate. If you can look for an agency that has a track record for helping people get UK employment sponsorship licenses and work visas, then your chances of success will go up significantly.
How To Apply For Sponsorship License?
As a business owner or head of an organization, you are responsible for finding a sponsor and offering employment to new employees. It is imperative that you find the right kind of agency or sponsor in order to get a UK employment sponsorship license. The best way to do this is by doing thorough research and narrowing down your choices or asking your immigration lawyer.
Another thing that you can do is visit the offices of agencies that are known for handling employment sponsorship license applications. You can ask them about the costs involved in getting a UK employment sponsorship visa, as well as their application fees, etc. Look for an agent that offers hiring services for some of the largest clients in your industry so you know they will be able to help you as well.
Tips for Easy Application
- While the process of getting a UK sponsorship license may be long and quite expensive, you can still cut down on your chances of success through some of the following actions:
- Try to find an agent that specializes in handling these kinds of applications. The more experience they have in dealing with these kinds of issues, the better.
- Ask for references from previous clients and see how long they have been working with them. This is an important part of the application process so make sure you take it very seriously. The best agencies will be able to give you this information right away.
- If you can search for quotes from different agencies or companies before applying, then do it.
- There are companies that offer a wide range of services for people seeking a UK employment sponsorship license. If you are not sure which one to go for, then chances are that the agencies you have looked into so far have no experience in your industry.
- Without the right kind of experience, it will be almost impossible for a company to handle applications on behalf of those who choose them.
Always consider the type of company that you want to work with when choosing a UK employment sponsorship license agent or agency. It is not always easy to find the right set up but one thing is certain – if you do not get what you want, then there is nothing but disappointment and waste of money involved in your application process.